Cedar Grove Elementary School
Student/ Teacher/Parent & Family Compact
Parent & Family Agreement: ______________________ (signature)
In order to help my child achieve, I will do the following:
- See that my child attends school regularly, arrives on time, and is well prepared with necessary supplies.
- Establish a time and place for homework and check it daily.
- Attend scheduled conferences and maintain communication with teachers.
- Support school activities by volunteering, attending PTO functions and participating in parents training sessions as often as possible.
- Support the faculty and staff of Cedar Grove School.
- Respect cultural differences in others.
- Check and sign my child’s agenda/Bee Book/folder on a daily basis.
- See that my child is fed, rested, and prepared for school each day.
- Discuss classroom level concerns with my child’s teacher.
- Show respect for my child’s teacher and school personnel.
Student Agreement: ____________________________ (signature)
It is important that I work to the best of my ability; I agree to do the following:
- I will believe in myself and believe that I can and will learn.
- I will attend school each day, be on time, have all homework completed, and have all necessary supplies. I will also take necessary materials home each day.
- I will show respect and consideration for myself, my teachers, and all other people.
- I will obey the rules of conduct at Cedar Grove School.
- I will always try to have a positive attitude and give my best effort.
- I will take responsibility for myself and my actions.
- I will show respect for the physical and cultural differences in others.
Teacher Agreement: __________________________ (signature)
Every child deserves the right to succeed. Therefore:
- I will set high expectations for each student, for myself, and for my school. I will encourage the student to meet these expectations.
- I will maintain an environment conducive to learning, while communicating effectively with my students and their parents.
- I will respect the students and parents while showing compassion, patience, and sensitivity to the students’ individual needs.
- I will encourage parent participation in the classroom and school- wide activities.
- I will develop lessons designed to improve state performance levels in all academic areas.
- I will provide a positive classroom environment while demonstrating respect for cultural differences of our school and community.
- I will provide parents with curriculum objectives and benchmark assessment data upon request.
Cedar Grove Elementary School Wide
Parent & Family Engagement Policy
Reaching Out (Welcoming all families into the school community and speaking up for every child): This school will encourage parent involvement, inform parents of their parental rights, provide assessment results, and curriculum expectation by:
- Convening an Annual Fall Meeting through which the parents are informed of the parent involvement program and their rights.
- Involving parents when planning and evaluating programs through surveys and other means.
- Providing communication through newsletters, meetings, surveys, school agendas/folders, school web pages and conferences.
- Making the school’s parent involvement policy available to the community through the school website.
- Providing a copy of the district and school parent involvement policy.
- Responding to parent suggestions/ concerns in a timely manner.
Sharing Responsibility (Communicating effectively, supporting student success, and sharing power): This school will share with parents the responsibility of the students’ education by:
- Working with parents to develop a written agreement outlining responsibilities of each party to help students achieve in school.
- Offering flexible communication through means of conferences, phone calls, newsletters, and e-mails.
- Providing opportunities for parents to actively participate in school activities.
- Providing the opportunity for parents to review and improve the parent involvement policy and school improvement plan.
- Parents have the right to ask for professional qualifications of the instructional staff that teaches their child.
- Parents may ask for the detailed system report card on student achievement.
- Parents have the right to know the detailed report card on student achievement and whether or not the schools are succeeding according to predetermined performance standards.
Assistance (Collaborating with the community): This school will actively seek more parent involvement and participation by:
- Assisting parents with their needs and information by coordinating with other community programs and agencies.
- Relating positive communication to parents about the progress of their child.
- Coordinating with other programs to provide resources and extra help to families in need.
- Using the appropriate language when communicating with parents who have limited English.
- Offering parent-training sessions on a flexible schedule.
- Informing parents concerning opportunities for Literacy training and job skills in the community.
- Coordinating with the ESL program to meet the needs of non- English speaking parents.